Recipe: Hawaiian Bread French Toast
This plant-based French Toast is a hit in our house!
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I use pea protein. milk)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds (whole or ground, I used whole)
- 1/2 Tbsp pure honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 slices Aunt Millie's Best Grains nonGMO Hawaiian Bread
- Combine all ingredients (except for bread) in a bowl.
- Place in fridge for about 20 minutes to. set.
- Heat a griddle using medium heat an use. oil or fat source of your choice, about 1 Tbsp.
- Dip each slice of bread in the the mixture till well coated.
- Place on griddle and cook until golden brown on each side (about 3-4 minutes).
- Remove slices and place on plate.
- Top with thawed frozen or fresh fruits of. your choice (I used blackberries, cherries, blueberries, and strawberries.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.